4ZB5FoykTh_OOG1MtDYjPt87VfU Positively Depressed: Being an Emotional Trainwreck Sucks...But What Can You Do!

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Being an Emotional Trainwreck Sucks...But What Can You Do!

My Life as a Highly Sensitive Soul
...as told in quotes, because sometimes 
they explain things better than I can.
Besides it is like they can read my mind.

“Highly sensitive people are too often
 perceived as weaklings or damaged goods. 
To feel intensely is not a symptom of weakness, 
it is the trademark of the truly alive and compassionate.
 It is not the empath who is broken, it is society that 
has become dysfunctional and emotionally disabled. 
There is no shame in expressing your authentic feelings. 
Those who are at times described as being a ‘hot mess’ 
or having ‘too many issues’ are the very fabric of what 
keeps the dream alive for a more caring, humane world. 
Never be ashamed to let your tears shine a light in this world.” 
- Anthon St. Maarten
Originally from Chronic Perseverance 

Photo Credit: Life's Just Not Fair 

Photo Credit: Rantings of a Beautiful Mind

Photo Credit: Twisted Brain Waves


Photo Credit:  FB/Pinterest


Yes...but and a big but...the mind will always win if you attempt to force...it will step aside and retreat if you simply replace your thoughts and focus on your breathing...
Photo Credit: FB/Pinterest 

Photo Credit: Beautiful & Broken

Photo Credit: Facebook, link unknown

Photo Credit:  FB/Pinterest


Photo Credit: Trust love one more time and always one more time 


Photo Credit: Borderline Personality Disorder Community
https://www.facebook.com/borderline.personality.disorder.community

Photo Credit:  I Can't StopThinking About You

Photo Credit: Facebook Link Unknown

I am on the road to self-acceptance.
Even though I long for a break from
 what I feel and just want to be numb
 for a short while I will never
 apologize for who I am.

Photo Credit: Twisted Brain Waves

I will soon be at peace with myself.
I am a work in progress.
And well, yes,I am kind of a hot mess,
 a trainwreck at times

Photo Credit: Facebook Link Unknown

(okay, most of the time).

Photo Credit: Rebel Circus

And of course, my depression
 and anxiety are always present,
 lurking in the depths of my mind.


It is an illness I live with everyday.
It has made me who I am today.

 
Photo Credit: Facebook Link Unknown

I AM ME.
I am the woman who cares way too
much about people who may 
not give a damn about me.
I choose love every time.

My life is always chaotic, and I struggle with daily life,
  especially with my constant need
 to feel every damn thing, yet


I am learning to accept my heightened sensitivity.
Some days it is a gift, other days not so much.

Photo Credit: Trust love one more time and always one more time

Photo Credit: Rantings of a Beautiful Mind

I know that self-acceptance is vital not only
to my well-being but to my future mental health.
Self-acceptance starts will self-love.
I am learning to love myself, flaws and all, 
then everything else will fall into place.
No apologizes, I am who I am.
And No, permission is not needed from others to be myself.
Photo Credit: http://www.jointheloveclub.com
                                           post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! You are not alone.
**Support Mental Health**


Positively Depressed RSS Feed

We are in this together

We are in this together

.

.
a to z challenge (42) challenge (38) Blog for Mental Health 2014 (18) blogging (18) depression (18) random (16) Mental Health (12) humor (11) mental illness (9) Blog (8) awareness (8) stigma (8) randomness (7) Ultimate Blog Challenge (6) affirmations (6) quote (6) self-love (6) bloggers (5) blogs (5) positive (5) self-love. Madly in Love with Me (5) Team Love (4) awards (4) blog party (4) hope (4) love (4) mental illness awareness (4) self-acceptance (4) suicide (4) anxiety (3) free (3) humorous (3) positivity (3) sensitive (3) sillyness (3) stress (3) thoughts (3) writing (3) Facebook page (2) Love Ambassador (2) accomplishment (2) affirmation (2) appreciation (2) believe in yourself (2) change (2) control (2) happiness (2) information (2) liebster award (2) life (2) me (2) peace (2) pink (2) plan (2) poetry (2) positive words (2) resources (2) strength (2) 6 words (1) Bipolar (1) Bring on 2014 (1) I Declare Tuesday (1) I am me (1) Kevin Breel (1) Linky (1) PTSD (1) acceptance (1) advice (1) arthritis (1) assertiveness (1) attitude (1) birthday (1) blog love (1) blogosphere (1) blunt (1) bold (1) buoyant (1) campaign (1) chocolate (1) chronic fatigue (1) chronic illness (1) co-hostess (1) compassion (1) cute (1) cyber bullying (1) despair (1) dolphins (1) eloquent (1) emotions (1) empowerment (1) enough (1) eunoia (1) exotic (1) fabulous (1) feeling bad (1) feelings (1) frustration (1) funny (1) glorious (1) goal (1) goals (1) grateful (1) gratitude (1) greeting (1) guest post (1) health (1) hopeful (1) hypersensitivity (1) in my hood (1) infographic (1) inspired (1) jamie (1) journal (1) judgement (1) keeping it real (1) liebster (1) living (1) loving the world (1) lucky (1) madness (1) marvelous (1) men (1) misery (1) moms (1) mother's day (1) noble (1) online dating (1) owls (1) party (1) passion (1) peace rose (1) personal (1) photos (1) pig (1) pledge (1) proud (1) queens (1) quintessential (1) rant (1) raw thoughts (1) reasons to blog (1) remembrance (1) rewards (1) rewritten blog (1) risks (1) self-help (1) self-pity (1) selfies (1) silly (1) sleep (1) social media (1) statistics (1) strong (1) struggling (1) support (1)

Affiliates

New Blog Set-Up Package Blogelina\'s Blog Set-Up Service

Free Guide on How to Build a Successful Blog

Everything You Need To Build A Successful Blog
Love All Blogs

.

.